As a new type of sealing material, PTFE packing has its unique properties.
(1) It has outstanding corrosion resistance. It can withstand the corrosion of strong acid, strong alkali, various organic solvents and so on. It will only be eroded in molten alkali metals, fluorine gas streams, and other strongly corrosive media.
(2) At a temperature of 250 ° C and a pressure of 19.6 MPa or less, the sliding linear velocity is 5 to 10 m/s, and it is not burned when used under lubricating conditions.
(3) Compared with asbestos packing, PTFE packing can be used under harsh conditions such as high pressure, high temperature and high speed.
(4) Since the connection of the PTFE packing strands is evenly distributed, as a filler, although the elasticity of the filler does not change much after repeated extrusion, the service life is long.
(5) The friction coefficient is very small (the friction coefficient of metal is as low as 0.07, the self-friction coefficient is 0.01), and the T-filler graphite and fluorine-doped fluorine-filled PTFE packing have smaller friction coefficient and will not make Wear material on the grinding material.