1. The gasket and flange sealing surface should be cleaned, and there should be no scratches, spots and other defects that affect the sealing performance of the connection.
2. The axial direction of the gasket should be smaller than the outside of the flange sealing surface, and the inner diameter of the gasket should be slightly larger than the inner diameter of the pipe. The difference between the two inner diameters is generally twice the thickness of the gasket to ensure that the gasket is compressed The inner edge should not extend into the container or pipe, so as not to block the flow of fluid in the container or pipe.
3. The pre-tightening force of the gasket exceeds the design specification to avoid excessive compression of the gasket and loss of resilience.
4. When the gasket pressure is tight, it is best to use a hydraulic wrench. For large bolts and high-strength bolts, hydraulic tightening is best. The tightening torque should be calculated according to the given gasket compression, and the hydraulic pressure of the hydraulic tightener should also be determined by calculation.
5. When installing the gasket, tighten the nuts in sequence. But it must be tightened once to reach the design value. Generally, it should be cycled at least 2 to 3 times, and the stress distribution of the brake seal gasket is uniform.
6. For pressure vessels and pipelines with flammable and explosive media, safety tools should be used when replacing gaskets, so as to avoid sparks caused by tools and flanges or bolts colliding with flanges or bolts, resulting in fire or explosion accidents.
7. If the pipeline leaks, the pressure must be reduced before replacing or adjusting the installation of the sealing gasket, and canceling the pressure operation.